Tuesday 16 April 2013

Presence, Voice, Demonstration

'Teaching is an act.'
This statement shocked me when I heard it, only to soon realise that it is exactly what I do every time I step in front of a class. I have to speak a particular way and I have to have a strong presence. This is what I HAVE to do. Otherwise, I would be eaten alive. Though I have an 'outgoing' personality, I realised that I don't always want to be strong, or speak with conviction. But as a teacher, during a class, I have to. I have to demand students attention with my presence. I have to speak with conviction or the class will fall in a heap. It's strange to think that I will be performing for my entire career, but if I believe what it is that I am teaching then the job is much simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment